PARENTS AS PARTNERS
Learn how you can help support your child’s learning.
Chisholm Catholic Primary acknowledges parents and carers as each student’s most influential, primary and essential educators.
We encourage parents to be actively involved in school life and work with us to ensure the best educational outcomes for your child.
Parents are also actively encouraged to attend school events such as sports carnivals, exhibitions and performance evenings.
HOW CAN I CONTRIBUTE?
Demonstrate to your children that volunteering is a good thing. Parents can immerse themselves fully in the life of of our school by:
- Getting involved with fundraising
- Attending school and parish events
- Helping at sporting carnivals
- Parent Helper Programs
- Social Justice Initiatives
- Volunteering at the canteen
CHISHOLM COMMUNITY GROUP
This parent group works closely with staff to ensure the best educational setting for all students. The group values and plans for:
- Encouraging parental involvement at the school
- Social activities that promote school spirit and cooperation
- Fundraising activities (e.g. Bush Dance, Trivia Night, BBQs)
- Discussions around students' faith development
- Parent information sessions/seminars on education
- School liturgies and other school celebrations
Volunteer and contractor training
We welcome the contribution volunteers make to the life of our school.
As part of our commitment to keeping students safe, all volunteers in schools are required to complete the building child safe communities undertaking form and child protection training module before volunteering. These checks reduce potential risk and forms part of our strategy to build child safe communities.
CHISHOLM HAS A SUPPORTIVE AND WELCOMING COMMUNITY
We can't wait for you to join us!